As you all know I have picked up some fresh strawberries from my last trip to Mahabaleswar, now its time to make some dessert out of it.
What about a soft, mouth melting delicious cheesecake, which is very easy to make and the ingredients are all around!
Voila! I am going to make White chocolate strawberry cheese cake. I love white one among all the chocolates, and of course, Strawberry goes well with it.
I made a crunchy cheesecake base with digestive biscuit crumbs. The biscuit crumbs and butter are combined well and pressed down evenly in a greased cake pan. This biscuit layer is then baked in 250ºF for 10 minutes.
And then I have decorated it with fresh strawberry halves.
In a separate bowl the white chocolate, cream cheese and heavy cream are then combined well. I use a hand blender, in low speed, for this. Once everything is nicely mixed up & the mixture is very smooth, I fold them into chopped strawberries.
Now the mixture is poured over the biscuit layer and chilled for 3-4 hours at least.
Once it is chilled I garnished it with cocoa powder dust, Strawberries and freshly made strawberry sauce and mint leaves.
Making the strawberry sauce is very easy. in a sauce pan add some water and roughly chopped strawberry and bring it to boil. Stir continuously. You can see that the strawberries are turning softer even some of the pieces are melted. You can keep boiling it in a medium flame and once the water is reduce like a sauce like consistency, you are done. Remember, the sauce should neither be very thick nor be very runny. The sauce will become slightly thicker after cooling.
You can prepare this strawberry sauce while the cheese cake is getting chilled, So that you can cool down the sauce before pouring it over the chilled cheesecake.
White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- 10-12 digestive biscuits(crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted butter in room temperature
- 300 gms White compound chocolate in room temperature
- 200 gms plain cream cheese in room temperature
- 2/3 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Cups of fresh strawberry chopped ( 1 cup for the cheesecake, 1 cup for the sauce)
- 1 cup of fresh strawberry halves
- 1 5-6 Fresh strawberries for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa fowder for dusting
- 3 cup of water for making the sauce
- 3/4 fresh mint leaves
- In a bowl take the digestive biscuit crumbs.
- Add unsalted butter and combine well.
- Now press down the biscuit-butter mixture evenly on a greased cake pan or a pizza pan.
- This biscuit layer is then baked in 250ºF in a preheated oven, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl take the white compound chocolate, cream cheese and heavy cream, combine them well with a hand blender in medium speed
- Once it is very smooth and well combined, fold them into 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
- Once the biscuit layer is baked for 10 minutes, Strawberry halves are arranged by the side of the pan.
- Now pour the mixture over the biscuit layer and make the top even.
- Refrigerate it until chilled for at least 3-4 hours
- Once it is chilled completely, it is decorated with cocoa dust, fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce.
- To make strawberry sauce, in a saucepan, take 3 cups of water and 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries.
- Bring it to boil, stir continuously.
- Keep boiling in medium heat till the sauce becomes thicker, the strawberries are softened or melted.
- Once the sauce like consistency is achieved, it is ready to serve.
- Cool the sauce down and bring it to room temperature before pouring over the cheesecake.
- You can garnish it with the mint leaves now.
- Your White chocolate Strawberry Cheese cake is now ready to bring on plate.
How do you like the recipe? Leave your valuable feedback in the comment section?
For more such recipes please subscribe my blog, and its free!
“The milk shake tastes incredible! How did you make it?” My friend from Kolkata asked.
“Yeh! I love this too. I have picked up a bottle of strawberry crush from one of the Mapro gardens in Mahabeswar” I replied.
Last month when my parents came over my place in Pune we planned a day trip to Mahabaleswar, one of the most popular hill station in Western Ghats range of India.
We started at six in the morning by car. It takes around three and half hours to reach mahabaleswar from pune. Vijay, our driver said that the road becomes very crowded during monsoon. It was April end; the road was less crowded and beautiful.
We reached the Mapro garden in Mahabaleswar around 9.15 Am. Mapro garden is basically a garden park famous for producing strawberries. The garden is well decorated with lush green park, various plants and the pink and white-water lily. Obviously, we clicked some snaps.
Mapro garden also sells strawberry products like jam, crushes, candies and many more.
We were hungry so we had our breakfast there itself. We orderd sandwiched and fresh strawberry juice. The strawberry juice was delicious. The breakfast was followed by some shopping. We bought strawberry jam, crushes, candies etc.
As we came out of the garden we saw lot of village men and women are selling fresh strawberries and mulberries. Unlike the super market ones, you can taste and buy them. Isn’t that sounds great! We purchased lot of fresh strawberries and few of the mulberries. My mind was already planning for the next recipe! 😉
Now our next destination was the kate’s point. This was named after the British governor Sir John Malcom’s daughter. The view was spectacular. The Krishna river valley and the deep blue colored Dhom Dam was making the frame completely picturesque. Like other tourists we clicked many snaps.
There we witnessed a funny yet interesting incident. While clicking the photos we kept the water bottle on a wall, just a hand away we were standing. Suddenly a monkey came, captured our bottle and started tearing the bottle. Once the middle part of the bottle was completely teared up, he started drinking the water. He was very thirsty I feel!
After drinking the water, he found a cotton candy, and finished his meal with that.
Next, we forwarded toward Arthur’s seat point. As expected the view here was again spectacular. Coming from a concrete jungle, we were very close to the nature. The air was pure to breathe, the greeneries were soothing to the eyes.
We were already hungry, so our next destination was a restaurant. After having a delicious lunch, we forwarded towards our last destination “Krishnabai temple”
After reaching the parking area of the temple, we had to walk around 5-7 minutes to reach the temple and the way was in the middle of a jungle. The empty path was making our walk really thrilling.
The green backdrop was making the ancient temple magnificent. According to Hindu mythology, this temple was constructed by the Pandavas. This is a Siva temple and inside the temple we saw the origin of river Krishna.
Unlike other spots of Mahabaleswar, Krishnabai temple was very much less crowded. But the beauty of the temple really worth the visit.
After spending around half and hour there, it was time to retun home. We were bit tired physically but mentally Mahabaleswar left us recharged.
After a short break I am back with this new article. I was held up with unavoidable stuffs and hence I couldn’t write! So, did you like it?
Have you been to mahabaleswar? Please feel free to leave your feedback and experience below in the comment section.
For more such articles you can always subscribe my blog, and it free!
How was my last recipe of Lobster? Liked it? Okay! Lets have some veggie dish this time.
Last week I prepared butter paneer. I cook this dish very often. Butter Paneer masala is a very very popular north Indian dish. Be it a small road side dhaba or a five starer (north Indian cuisine) one, Paneer butter masala is a compulsory item on their chart! The sweet creamy taste of the dish will surely left you lip smacking.
The restaurant version of it may include tomato and garam masala and even little food color. But this time I am going to share my version of it. Like my other recipes this one also quick and easy.
You may serve this dish along with any Indian bread or rice.
I have fried the paneer a bit. Make sure they are not over fried (paneer gets fried very rapidly). Otherwise it will loose its softness. You can skip the paneer frying step, if you want to make it healthier.
The paneer I have used in the recipe is really soft, but there are paneer available in market which are slightly in harder side. I soak the paneer in lukewarm water just after frying. It reatin the softness in 10 minutes.
If you like to make the dish little hotter, you can always add green chili paste to it.
I make this dish kind of semi-gravy. But the gravy can be increased by adding a little bit of milk. The milk should be added just after adding the cream.
- 400 gms paneer(cottage cheese) cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter in room temperature
- 2 medium onion paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic paste (1/2 tbsp of each paste)
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt/ curd
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 Tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 Tbsp cashew paste
- sugar to taste
- 3 Tbsp fresh cream
- 1 Tbsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- Heat butter in a deep bottom frying pan.
- Turn the heat/flame to the lowest, add the paneer cubes, fry till they turn light brown. Keep them aside.
- Now take the fried paneer in a mixing bowl and add the onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cashew paste, curd, turmeric powder, kashimiri red chili powder, salt and kasoori methi into it.
- Mix all well and keep the paneer marinated for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now heat the same butter once again.
- Add the marinated paneer along with the marination into it cook uncovered for two minutes in low heat with occasional stirring.
- Now add sugar to taste and mix well.
- Now close the lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 minutes remove the lids and you will see the butter has been separated from the gravy.
- Now add the fresh cream and mix well.
- If you want to make the little more gravy you may add the milk now and mix it well.
- The butter chicken is ready to bring on table. Garnish with fresh cream and serve.
How do like the recipe? Please leave a valuable comment below.
For more such recipes please don’t forget to subscribe my blog.
Please check my Palak paneer recipe also.
“Chingri Malaikari (chingri- prawn / malaikari- coconut gravy)” is an authentic Bengali delicacy served with steamed rice or Pulao (rice cooked with clarified butter and dry fruits). The coconut gravy, the flavor of the garam masala mixed with the lobsters make this dish delicious.
Last week when I found these lobsters in the supermarket, I couldn’t stop myself of picking them up! They were beauty!
I prefer to keep the entire head and tail of the lobster intact, it makes the dish notable. Although if someone is not comfortable with it or can’t find the unpeeled one, can use the peeled ones.
I marinate the lobsters for about 15/20 minutes with Turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, salt and curd.
The lobsters are then slightly fried in mustard oil, and kept aside. You will get the mouth watering aroma from any corner of the house already during this process. Mustard oil adds a flavor to the dish, but if it is not available, any other vegetable cooking oil can be used as replacement.
The main ingredient: I usually mix the store bought coconut milk powder in warm water to make the coconut milk. But I have seen my mother extracting the milk from the raw coconut (It takes lot of efforts. The store bought one makes life so much easier! And trust me it is lip smacking.)
I use kashmiri red chili powder for this recipe to improve the color of the dish without making it hotter. To make the dish hotter I prefer to use green chili paste. If the kashmiri red chili powder is not available then regular red chili powder will do the work, but the amount needs to be adjusted, as regular one is much hotter than the first one.
After adding the lobsters into the gravy, they are cooked in low heat and closed lid. The lobsters will release lot of juice, which will increase the flavor of the gravy.Once the lobsters are completely cooked (you can check by inserting a fork into the fleshy part of the lobster), The lid is removed and in the high heat the extra juice is reduced.
Keep it for few more minutes in low heat and closed lid. And voila!! Your dish is ready to serve.
Golda Chingri Malaikari (Lobster in coconut gravy)
- 4 cleaned lobsters
- 1 tbsp curd or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 big onion paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1.5 tsp garlic paste
- 2-3 green chili paste
- 2-3 cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 3 Tbsp mustard oil or any other cooking vegetable oil
- Marinate the lobsters with the curd, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chili powder, pinch of salt and keep aside for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan heat the oil.
- Fry the lobsters for about 3 minutes.
- Keep the fried lobsters aside.
- In the same oil add the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf.
- After a minute, add the onion, ginger, chili, garlic paste and saute well.
- Add rest of the turmeric powder and kashmiri red chili powder, stir well.
- Once the oil and the spices are separating, add the coconut milk and mix well, bring it to boil.
- Adjust the salt and sugar in the gravy
- Now add the lobsters onto it and in a low heat and closed lid cook them well.
- Once the lobsters are fully cooked, remove the lid and in a high flame, reduce the extra gravy. Lobsters will release lot of juice. It is important to reduce that juice to get the perfect flavor.
- keep it closed in simmer for few more minutes (about 2 minutes maximum).
- Now the dish is ready to serve on table.
I personally prefer to serve this along with Basanti pulao. I will share the recipe of Basanti pulao very soon.
Do you have any other version of Golda chingri malaikari? Please feel free to share!
Leave your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
For more such recipes please subscribe my blog
I love to start my day with a plate of stir fried mushroom along with a slice of brown bread or Pancakes. This quick, easy and healthy mushroom recipe is hot favorite of my family. I can cook it as fast as a Genie 😉
Mushrooms are great source of Vitamin B, Minerals, Calcium, Protein and many more. But only few mushrooms are edible, where most of them are poisonous. So I am really choosy while buying them. I use store bought button mushrooms in my kitchen.
To make this dish usually I use regular salted butter but unsalted one also can be used. I usually keep it simple, but if you want you can add a pinch of freshly crushed black pepper.
To clean the mushroom I generally use damp kitchen towel or paper towel. I wipe off the dirt with that ( I have shown the whole process in the video above.) Mushroom should not be soaked, as it absorbs water really fast.
Mushrooms are 92% water, it releases lot of water while cooking.
Stir fried lemon butter mushroom
- 1.5 cups Button Mushroom cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp chopped walnut
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel, remove all the dirt.
- In a frying pan heat the butter.
- Add the chopped garlic, stir till golden.
- Add the mushrooms and stir well.
- In a low heat cook the mushrooms for about 5 mints, It will release water.
- Don’t throw the water, stir in a medium to high heat. It will reduce slowly.
- Once the mushrooms are soft and moist, add salt, walnuts, spring onion and mix well.
- Finally add the fresh lemon juice and your stir fried mushroom is ready to serve.
How do you like this mushroom recipe? Please leave your valuable comments below.
For more such recipes please subscribe my blog and its not chargeable!
Read my other healthy breakfast recipe of Peanut butter pancake.
How was my last recipe of Indian pancake dessert? Liked it? Okay!
Today I am going to share a healthier recipe of pancake. Its Peanut Butter pancake. This fast and easy recipe will be perfect for your breakfast. Even you can serve this to the kids as evening snacks.
I personally prefer Maple syrup or honey with these kind of pancakes but you can always use chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, etc.
Do not use the entire oil at once while frying the pan cakes, grease the frying pan slightly, so that the pancakes don’t get stuck.
Doesn’t this pancake glimmers? Mouth watering?
- Make the batter as smooth as possible.
- Don’t over mix the batter.
- Cook pancake in low flame.
- If you want you can add half teaspoon of vanilla extract to reduce the smell of egg.
Peanut butter Pancake
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1.5 Tbsp peanut butter (smooth)
- 1.5 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbsp (for the batter)+1.5 tsp (for frying) of vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- In a bowl take flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- In a separate bowl take the peanut butter,sugar,oil mix well till becomes smooth.
- Slowly add the egg followed by milk into it, stir well.
- Add the peanut butter mixture into the flour and mix well. There should not be any lumps.
- Heat a slightly greased frying pan. Don’t use the entire 1.5 tsp oil at a time, Use it gradually.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- When you see bubbles on the pancake turn it.
- Fry the other side as well.
- Once both the sides turn brown, your Pancake is ready.
- Serve them along with maple syrup or honey.
Made Peanut butter pancakes? Please share your valuable views in the comment section. I always reply!
For more such recipes please subscribe my blog.
If you like it please do share because sharing is caring!
You can drop a mail in my mailbox: email@example.com