Methi Chicken (Fenugreek chicken)
“People who love to eat are always the best people” – Julia Child.
For me I love to eat and of course, to cook. So here comes my first Food post.
The post is about, the recipe of delicious Methi Chicken (Fenugreek Chicken) an Indian dish I have made last week.
Fenugreek or methi has multiple health benefits, such as, it controls diabetes, maintains cholesterol level, treats bowel problems, cures anemia, helps in weight reduction, cures acid re flux and lot more.
I have used fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves as well as kasuri methi (dried fenugreek) in this recipe. For the fresh one, only the leaves should be used,not the stalks, as stalks make the food bitter
This quick and easy recipe you can serve with Indian bread or rice of your choice.
Here comes the methi chicken recipe video.
Here comes the methi chicken recipe card.
A tasty, light, Indian recipe perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 400gms skinless, boneless chicken cubes
- 4-5 cloves garlic(chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4-5 green chilies
- handful of fresh fenugreek leaves
- 2tbsp of kasuri methi or dried fenugreek
- plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Marination: In a medium bowl, mix chicken and yogurt, refrigerate for two hours.
- Preparing the methi-chili paste: In a deep pan take some water and add the fresh fenugreek leaves, bring it to boil. In a blender blend the boiled leaves along with the green chilies. Keep this paste aside.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottom pan.
- Add chopped garlic, fry it till golden.
- Add chopped onion, fry it till light brown.
- Add the methi-chili paste (from step 2), mix well and cook for a minute in medium heat.
- Add the marinated chicken, mix well, cook in medium heat till the chicken releases its juice.
- Add half cup of warm water, stir well, and close the lid. cook in low to medium heat till the chicken becomes tender.
- Remove the lid, add salt to taste.
- add kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), mix well. Your Methi chicken is ready!
How do you like the recipe? Please share your views!