Palak Paneer (Cottage cheese with spinach)
So friends, how was my last recipe, Methi chicken? Liked it? Okay. Today I am going to write about a veg recipe, Palak paneer. It is one of the most popular north Indian dish. I have learned this recipe from my mother. This recipe of Palak Paneer is really quick and easy. It can be served with any Indian bread or rice.
Spinach(palak) has various health benefits. It is high in fiber, protein, Vitamin A, C, E, K, B6, Folate, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium and many more.
Tips for the recipe:
- You can skip the paneer frying (step 4) part. It will make the dish healthier.
- While frying, remember to fry it very less. It should not become crispy. Crispy paneer will have a tendency to become harder.
- If your paneer is not very soft, After frying you can dip them in warm water for 5-10 minutes. It will make your paneer softer.
Paneer: Before and after frying
Here comes the video-
- 250 gms paneer(cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 bunch of spinach (palak)
- 5-6 cloves garlic(chopped)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 small tomato chopped
- handful of fresh fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preparing the palak-methi paste: In a deep pan take some water and add the fresh fenugreek leaves and the spinach, bring it to boil. In a blender blend the boiled leaves along with two green chilies. Keep this paste aside.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottom frying pan.
- Turn the heat/flame to the lowest, add the paneer cubes, fry till they turn light brown. Keep them aside.
- Now add chopped garlic in the same oil, fry it till light brown.
- Add rest of the chilies, fry slightly.
- Add the chopped onion, fry till light golden
- Add the tomatoes, cook them in low-medium flame till they becomes softer.
- Add the Palak-Methi-Chili paste (from step 1), mix well.
- Add the warm water, stir well and and bring it to boil. You can stir occasionally.
- Add salt to taste, mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese(paneer) cubes, mix it well.
- Keep the heat lowest and close the lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Remove the lid, the oil should have separated from the gravy now. If not keep the lid closed for 30 seconds more and check. Your Palak Paneer is ready to serve now.
How do you like the recipe? Please leave your feedback below.
For more such recipes please subscribe my blog.