Butter Paneer (Cottage cheese in creamy buttery gravy)
How was my last recipe of Lobster? Liked it? Okay! Lets have some veggie dish this time.
Last week I prepared butter paneer. I cook this dish very often. Butter Paneer masala is a very very popular north Indian dish. Be it a small road side dhaba or a five starer (north Indian cuisine) one, Paneer butter masala is a compulsory item on their chart! The sweet creamy taste of the dish will surely left you lip smacking.
The restaurant version of it may include tomato and garam masala and even little food color. But this time I am going to share my version of it. Like my other recipes this one also quick and easy.
You may serve this dish along with any Indian bread or rice.
I have fried the paneer a bit. Make sure they are not over fried (paneer gets fried very rapidly). Otherwise it will loose its softness. You can skip the paneer frying step, if you want to make it healthier.
The paneer I have used in the recipe is really soft, but there are paneer available in market which are slightly in harder side. I soak the paneer in lukewarm water just after frying. It reatin the softness in 10 minutes.
If you like to make the dish little hotter, you can always add green chili paste to it.
I make this dish kind of semi-gravy. But the gravy can be increased by adding a little bit of milk. The milk should be added just after adding the cream.
- 400 gms paneer(cottage cheese) cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter in room temperature
- 2 medium onion paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic paste (1/2 tbsp of each paste)
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt/ curd
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 Tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 Tbsp cashew paste
- sugar to taste
- 3 Tbsp fresh cream
- 1 Tbsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- Heat butter in a deep bottom frying pan.
- Turn the heat/flame to the lowest, add the paneer cubes, fry till they turn light brown. Keep them aside.
- Now take the fried paneer in a mixing bowl and add the onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cashew paste, curd, turmeric powder, kashimiri red chili powder, salt and kasoori methi into it.
- Mix all well and keep the paneer marinated for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now heat the same butter once again.
- Add the marinated paneer along with the marination into it cook uncovered for two minutes in low heat with occasional stirring.
- Now add sugar to taste and mix well.
- Now close the lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 minutes remove the lids and you will see the butter has been separated from the gravy.
- Now add the fresh cream and mix well.
- If you want to make the little more gravy you may add the milk now and mix it well.
- The butter chicken is ready to bring on table. Garnish with fresh cream and serve.
How do like the recipe? Please leave a valuable comment below.
For more such recipes please don’t forget to subscribe my blog.
Please check my Palak paneer recipe also.